About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." - John Singer Sargent

Friday, November 18, 2011

Cardboard Please dont bend...

I joined a show this year that will exhibit more than 100 artists works on cardboard. Two good friends also joined, Carla Wyzgala and Caleb King. Saw their pieces and they are fantastic. The show is open two days only on Friday November 25th and Sat. November 26th from 6pm to 11pm. Definitely go and see this show. It will be great AND the pieces will be super affordable! Address is 600 W. Cermak, Chicago, corner of Jefferson and Cermak.

For this piece, I wanted to draw the female body decorated heavily with intricate designs. Ive been drawing these patterns for quite some time now and always though about incorporating them with figures. Took me about 3 hours to do this piece. I used micro pens, sharpies, and a little bit of pastels to add brightness.
Title is " My First Love".
So far I like this direction, expect more to come! Enjoy!

"My First Love" (the right corner is cut round, the white is just the background)

Close up


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Awesome piece! I'll definitely have to make it to the show!

    ReplyDelete